- This program is designed to replace older public sidewalks in the City of Augusta.
- This program will not cover new sidewalks, driveways, or sidewalks from the public sidewalk to the dwelling or business.
- This program will provide 50% rebate, up to $500.00 per property.
- All sidewalk replacement and repairs will be consistent with the following City specifications.
- 3500 psi concrete mix
- 4 foot minimum width, except the entire sidewalk on the block is less than 4 foot, but not less than 3 foot in width
- 4 inches in thickness
- Wire mesh reinforcement
- Run from property line to property line
- Have an expansion joint (felt) at each property line and each side of the driveway
- All old sidewalk debris shall be removed from the site and properly disposed of (no illegal dumping)
- Fill dirt shall be placed along all sidewalk edges
- Sidewalk repairs shall comply with the above specifications, except the 4 foot width requirement, if the existing public sidewalk is less than 4 foot, and only one or two sections of the entire sidewalk is to be repaired. This exception shall be determined on a case by case basis.
- The Inspection Department will have the authority to recommend replacement of the entire sidewalk upon inspection instead of repairs to specific sidewalk sections.
- All sidewalk replacement and repairs shall be completed within 30 days after notification of the Inspection Department.